Shoot Senior Portraits That Rock And Parents Will Love Too!
Posted on November 13, 2014 by Phillis Brooks
- A week before the shoot, send your senior a link to a Pinterest board, so together you can create the atmosphere that suits your client. This will help decide what accessories or props or settings you may use in the shoot. Your senior may be a violinist and want to bring her violin. Perhaps he’s a musician and naturalist and would want to be photographed in a park with his guitar. So, starting the creative process ahead of time may spark new ideas.
- A few days before, send them an email letting them know you are excited to work with them and see if you can get to know them. Send them some questions.
- What is your personal style?
- Where do you feel the most happy?
- What do you want to remember most about your senior year?
- To make the day of the shoot go as stress free as possible be sure your senior has several outfits chosen and ask them if they have any questions before you start.
- As you begin shooting, show them some of the shots so they can see what directions the session is taking. This gives them an opportunity to feel included and comfortable.
- You can bring props along. Some people are shy in front of the camera so holding a book or blanket or sitting in a chair, etc. can ease the anxiety of being the center of attention.
- After the shoot, send them a teaser of the session through their Facebook account. This will give them a chance to share and collect comments on the best photos to move forward with. This is also free advertising so don’t forget to include your company details!
Remember, if you connect with your senior and your senior loves what you’ve done, they will post and repost on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and guess what? That means more clients in your future!
In addition to our blog’s tips, we welcome you to try PhalooStudio — our revolutionary new software program. It will streamline and simplify your product workflow. Created for the professional photographer, PhalooStudio provides access to innovative products and designs, one-stop shopping for your entire studio, simplified client proofing, easy, logical workflow, effortless product client matching, and anywhere any time access.